The second installment of links to ponder in the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic:
- Michel Foucault on a plague-stricken town as a utopia of the perfectly governed city,
- René Schlott on the potentially dangerous precedents set by the German and European responses to COVID-19,
- Renato Beck on what to be wary of during and after the “ausserordentliche Lage” in Switzerland,
- Jason Koebler and Ben Makuch on how governments might use COVID-19 to chip away at our privacy,
- Christiane Lutz on the bittersweet irony of how COVID-19 is affecting the Oberammergau Passion Play.
You also might consider subscribing to the level-headed “COVID-19-Uhr-Newsletter” published by Republik, a crowdfunded online magazine from Switzerland.
Link to previous installment: